Open Letter for a Free Cuba
We would be unanimously in favor of removing economic sanctions against Cuba under the following eight conditions:
1. That all Cuban political prisoners and prisoners of conscience be released immediately and granted an unconditional amnesty.
2. That all Cubans be allowed to move freely within the country.
3. That the existing system of apartheid-like segregation be eradicated immediately, specifically that all Cubans be treated as equals to their foreign counterparts, such as “prominent scholars and artists” from abroad.
4. That all Cubans be granted access to all sources of uncensored information, whether in broadcast, print, or Internet immediately.
5. That all Cubans be granted the freedom to express their opinions freely without fear of repercussions.
6. That all Cubans be allowed to travel abroad freely.
7. That all Cubans be allowed to live, work, and seek a better life for themselves as they see fit.
8. That all Cubans be allowed to elect their leaders through verifiable, transparent democratic elections as allowed for in Cuba’s last legitimate constitution, the Constitution of 1940
Please read the whole letter here and here. If you agree with what is said please electronically sign the letter here or by emailing here. These ordinary Americans plan to publish this letter in order to counteract the recent efforts of ENCASA, who as said in the letter, DOES NOT represent all Cuban-Americans.
Tags: Cuba, Democracy, Free Speech, Freedom, Fidel Castro, Embargo, Human Rights, Apartheid